Quick facts: Missouri’s Second Amendment Preservation Act (SAPA) overturned
• SAPA ruled unconstitutional by U.S. District Court Judge Brian C. Wimes on March 6, 2023
• Decision largely based on the argument that SAPA violated the supremacy clause of the U.S. Constitution
• Unlikely to immediately impact the rights of Missouri gun owners
• Does not apply to any other state or municipalities within other states that may have a Second Amendment sanctuary law
• Decision will likely be appealed to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit
Contact your U.S. LawShield® Independent Program Attorney for more information regarding how Missouri’s Second Amendment Preservation Act being overturned could impact you.
The information provided in this publication is intended to provide general information to individuals and is not legal advice. The information included in this publication may not be quoted or referred to in any other publication without the prior written consent of U.S. LawShield, to be given or withheld at our discretion. The information is not a substitute for, and does not replace the advice or representation of a licensed attorney. We strive to ensure the information included in this publication is accurate and current, however, no claim is made to the accuracy of the information and we are not responsible for any consequences that may result from the use of information in this publication. The use of this publication does not create an attorney-client relationship between U.S. LawShield, any independent program attorney, and any individual.