Texas LawShield Real Estate Safety Course
Safety has no asking price
As a realtor, you are often in unfamiliar locations with complete strangers where you may be unaware of the safety and security of the area. We want realtors to have the right knowledge to stay safe and protect themselves, which is why we’ve developed a new program specially designed with you in mind: the Real Estate Agent Safety Course.
Personal safety and self-defense are in U.S. LawShield’s DNA. Self-defense incidents can happen to anyone, and unfortunately, the justice system may not be on your side. If a situation arises where you may be forced to defend yourself and even those with you, what are your rights? Are you protected?
This course reviews different studies and statistics unique to the real estate profession, as well as the methods and practices that best promote the personal safety of those within it.
The goal of this course is to instill safety awareness and habits as second nature, so that real estate professionals—as well as their clients—know how to divert or respond to dangerous situations and avoid harm in their day-to-day practices.find an event near you
- Increase situational awareness to better recognize exposures to risks.
- Discover “best practices” of safety when showing properties, conducting open houses, working in the office, and driving alone or with clients.
- Determine how to quickly assess situations for threats and the appropriate response actions to take.
- Know how to safeguard your personal data (and your clients’), as well as how to practice prudent use of social media and mobile phone technologies.
- Learn ways to encourage other agents and employees to follow “best practices” of safety and other safety policies.
This is a 4-hour continuing education course approved by the Texas Real Estate Commission.