GUNOWNER IDENTITY THEFT COVERAGE
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What is Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage and what does it cover?
By adding Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage, you’re protected if your gun or identity is ever compromised. If that should ever happen, an Independent Program Attorney will provide crucial assistance before, during, and after the incident so you don’t have to deal with the fallout on your own.
Isn’t Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage already part of my Texas LawShield membership?
Your core Texas LawShield membership provides you tenacious legal defense for self-defense, and includes:
- 24/7/365 Attorney-Answered Emergency Hotline.
- Zero attorneys fees for civil and criminal legal representation for acts of self-defense, defense of others, and defense of property.
- Coverage for all legal weapons.
- State-specific educational videos, law updates, and online resources.
- Basically, everything that has to do with protecting your innocence after the bang…
But today’s savvier criminals can still “attack” you in devastating ways without you ever firing a shot.
You’ll receive tenacious legal representation and assistance for:
- Civil and criminal defense litigation coverage for any lawsuits, or prosecution you’re forced to endure because of your lost or stolen firearm or identity.
- Assistance in notifying all the proper governmental agencies and databases about your lost or stolen firearm.
- Firearm purchase assistance if you’re wrongfully denied the right to purchase a firearm in the future.
- Carry permit assistance if your permit is denied, revoked, or suspended as a result of misidentification.
- And much, much more, all through the same Independent Program Attorneys that defend the 2nd Amendment rights of thousands of Texas LawShield members every single year.
Do I have to send Texas LawShield all my gun information in order to get this coverage?
Nope! You do not have to send Texas LawShield any information about your firearms when purchasing this coverage. Truly, the only time your Independent Program Attorney will need your firearm information is if the firearm in question is lost or stolen and you’re using your Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage to make sure all the proper reporting, filings, and notifications are in place. So, please make sure you keep good records, but never feel like you need to share that private information with anyone you don’t want to.
Does it cover me if my identity is stolen?
Yes. You’ll receive firearm purchase assistance if you’re wrongfully denied the right to purchase a firearm in the future because of stolen or mistaken identity. Additionally, if your carry permit is denied, revoked, or suspended as a result of identity theft or misidentification, the same Independent Program Attorneys that defend the Second Amendment rights of thousands of Texas members every single year will be there for you.
Can I get a yearly membership and what would the annual rate be?
Yes! Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage can be purchased monthly or yearly. Monthly is $6.95/month and annual is $83.40/year.
Does my Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage protect my spouse as well?
We encourage both the primary and secondary Texas LawShield members to get Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage because the coverage only applies to the person who is under investigation and/or needs legal assistance from an Independent Program Attorney.
What is an Elite Member and how do I become one?
Becoming an Elite Member is simple: all you have to do is have BOTH an active Texas LawShield Membership as well as Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage on your account. By doing so, your rates on both coverages are locked in, you’ll receive a separate, hard plastic Elite membership card and be automatically eligible for Elite Member giveaways, events, EXCLUSIVE content, communications, and much more.
Will my firearms be reimbursed under the coverage if they were stolen?
No. Gunowner Identity Theft Coverage will help you jump through all the right hoops to get your confiscated or recovered firearms back, but it does not pay to replace them.